For Love and Logic Parents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
For Love and Logic Parents

This is a forum for parents who have already attended workshops on parenting with love and logic or are familiar with the techniques.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What could we do

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What could we do Empty What could we do Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:46 pm

Admin

Admin

I just talked with a friend, her daughter is entering teenager years. She shared with me several stories about her daughter with so much frustration. One of the stories is about her unexpected pregnancy. Her younger daughter (8 years old) would not have any problem with the news but the older one (at 11 years old) seems not so happy. The mother has noticed the change in her daughter and she thought that's the tactics she uses to get attention. One day, this girl told her mother that "I want to read books for you and the baby as well" as her little sister offered to read book for the mother and the baby and she has been reading books for them. The mother said "it's ok, I would love that too. However, since your younger sister is reading for me at this time already, you may want to talk with her to see if you can share which chapter you will read". She got so upset and said that "you don't want to listen to my stories, there is no other time." She refused to continue talking with her mother about the topic but keeping her upset face for days after that.
What do you think this mother could have done differently? Is there anything that she can do now to fix this problem?

https://loveandlogicparents.board-directory.net

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum